Would people still blog even without technology? Technology especially smartphone technology has made the job of blogging a lot easier for most bloggers today.
Back in the day, blogging was very difficult. If you didn’t have a computer or knew coding language, you couldn’t blog. Why? Because then, the computers were still using code and there were no apps to simplify these things. This was one of the reasons we had few blogs circulating the web not until sophisticated computers and smartphones were invented.
Now, mobile phones have revolutionized the blogging industry. They have come with a lot of apps that can solve a lot of problems. Therefore, making blogging a lot easier for anyone.
So, today I will share some of my favorite apps that have made blogging easier for me.
Top Smartphone Apps for Blogging
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform for bloggers nowadays. If you’re new, perhaps Google might have recommended WordPress to you or Blogger. Statistics say that 65% of websites are powered by WordPress. If your blog or website is not using WordPress then you’re part of the remaining 35%. Today, many new and sophisticated content management systems (CMS) are being advertised everywhere. One of such is Wix.com. For me, I began using WordPress because I like that it’s more than just a content management system. The feature that I can’t do without on WordPress is the reader. This is where I began my love for blogging. I discovered some blogs that I really liked and I followed them. What came out of that was a desire to also write my own content and also have it discovered on reader.
This is more like a note-taking app. Only that it saves your work on the cloud for you to access anytime on any device. I use Evernote to write down content for my future blog posts. My work is saved offline but once I connect to the internet, it will upload it to the cloud. I can then access my notes from the Evernote web and transfer them to my WordPress editor so I can work on them.
There’s actually a maximum number of devices Evernote can allow for its free plan. If you want to access Evernote on many devices then you have to pay extra to accommodate them. There are plenty of note-taking apps bloggers use, but for me, this was kind of the one that I stuck with throughout.
Many marketers say that Twitter is good for promoting blog posts and I agree with them 100%. I remember a time I tried to promote one of my tweets and the amount of engagement I got was off the charts compared to when I did the same thing on Facebook. So regarding promotion, Twitter is the way to go.
Twitter released a newsletter for bloggers and writers called revue. I’m using this for my newsletter, feel free to check it out and subscribe if you like. This newsletter is really simple and straightforward. You really don’t need to take lessons or spend time navigating through the app to get a hang of it. I think for me, it’s even better than Mailchimp and Convertkit in terms of ease of use. So far, I’m contented with Twitter’s services.
If you know me, I’m obsessed with to-do lists and planning. I like to write down my task so that I won’t forget them. I have this fear of forgetting things so I make sure to write anything down before it escapes my mind. The app Things offers this and even more. Aside from creating to-do lists, I can create projects and within these projects, I can have tasks to complete. For me, my idea of projects can also be goals. I can set a deadline for my goals or keep working on them. I have two blogs so this app helps me manage both of them.
WhatsApp is a social messaging app that I use for my blog as well. You’d be surprised that you can find blogging communities on WhatsApp too. I managed to find a blogging community on WhatsApp and through this community, I was able to meet a lot of bloggers and got the chance to read their works and engage with them.
For those of us who are not designers, I think this app has made things a lot easier for us. Instead of downloading overused images from stock photo websites, we can have the opportunity to become designers ourselves by creating our unique images with the help of free features provided to us on the app. Some of the images on my blog were designed with Canva. One thing I really like about Canva is that it provides photo dimensions for each and every social media app including blogs.
Technology has made things easier for bloggers. One of such is the access of apps. Apps have really changed the way we blog nowadays. Instead of depending on computers for everything that we do, we can now blog from our smartphones. What are your thoughts on apps for blogging? Feel free to share some of your favorite ones in the comment section down below.